1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Nov 15, 2017.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I have windows Live Mail on Dell laptop and I have gmail account on it. Can I add VerizonAOL web mail to it also? Don't see why not. But how do I do it? Do I need to know servers and so forth? Haven't tried as of yet. Just thought it would be convenient. If gmail works verizonAOL should also I figure.

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Yes, you can add accounts to Windows Live Mail. Here are instructions from Microsoft.

Here are the AOL/Verizon server settings

POP3
    Incoming: pop.verizon.net995 SSL
    Outgoing: smtp.verizon.net 465 SSL
    Make sure SSL is enabled for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

IMAP
    Incoming: imap.aol.com 993 SSL
    Outgoing: smtp.aol.com 465 SSL
    Make sure SSL is enabled for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.​

Because you use several computers to access your email, I suggest that you have them all set up using IMAP in your Windows Live Mail. That will keep the email on all devices in sync. Better yet, just use a browser, i.e. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, to access your email. Then you don't have to worry about keeping the email in sync across all your computers/devices. Also, you don't have to set up anything. Just access your mail via www.mail.aol.com.

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Finally got both the g mail and the verizon AOL mail set up and working on the Windows Live Mail.All I had to do was enter email address and correct password, and the greeting name.I found I was entering incorrect password before and when I entered correct on I received 5 emails right away. I will write all this down in case need it in future. Thanks.