1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 10 Freezing Intermittently

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Gerard66, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerard66

Gerard66

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Hi,
    First post so here goes.
    Have a custom build W10 PC .Have tried to Update to the newest Windows System 20H2.During this update the mouse would freeze and the blue screen (see pic) appears and then it re- boots.
    Have scanned discs and used sfc/scanner.. All have come back with no errors.
    Just now it has rebooted and I think the update is now complete.No it hasn't.Just checked for Updates and it's starting from scratch to Download Updates..W10 Version 20H2.Got to 46% and froze!!
    Before this the PC rebooted whilst carrying out a full scan using Windows Security.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome Gerard,

I suggest using the Windows Media Creator tool available at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.

Click on the Download Now button. It'll download a small application on your computer. Run the application. It prompt you to download the install media to a USB drive. This downloads what you need to install the update. It's about 4.6 GB so it may take a while.

After you download the install media to the USB drive, install the drive in the computer that you want to update and run the program. You need to run the program after Windows has booted normally - you won't boot from the USB drive. Follow the prompts to keep your applications and files.

With any update, I suggest you backup your computer first because anything can go wrong.

3. Gerard66

Gerard66

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Hi and thanks for the welcome Tony.
    As from the pic and further investigations on the matter..Clock Watchdog Timeout apparently is the error.Been reading up on that and I did clean out case today of all dust.
    It,s my son,s PC so nothing much on it..custom. build with a cracked version on W10.Would that download tool do anything to this version?
    In the past it has handled updates but this freezing has started within the last few months.
    Will update after the above.
    Cheers for the help.

4. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    This thread is Closed.
    We don't offer assistance with Pirated Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.