1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Will I need adapters going from a full size tower to a small tower?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by grantiman, Feb 10, 2020.

1. grantiman

grantiman Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I have a old full size computer tower, just got a Dell small size tower, my monitor connector is to big for the new computer, do they sell an adapter so I can use the monitor I have?

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    What does your monitor have? What does your new computer have?
    display connectors.jpg

3. grantiman

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I figured out this problem by myself, lol. They had extension screws on the end going to the old computer, that's why I couldn't get the connector to go all the way into the new one, I just took the extensions off and it screwed right in.
    I just got this new Dell windows 10 and trying to set it up, I may have spoken to you in one of my other threads. It's asking me a lot of questions on what I want and what I don't, could use a little advice if you don't mind. I just installed my FireFox and made Yahoo my home page which I'm very use to using. On this new computer do I have to install Java, Adobe Flash, or Win Zip Driver Updater, do I need these things, not sure what's already on here or not, have no idea where to look and see. They also asked if I wanted to set up voice recognition to talk with Cortana, guess it's something like Echo Dot. Would this be helpful or would it just take up extra space?

4. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Java, Flash have security issues.
    WinZip is not needed. Windows can zip and unzip files.

Those "extensions" should be reinstalled on your old computer. Without them, you can't secure the blue VGA connector to the desktop.

You can use voice recognition if you want. It is, as you thought, like your Echo.

IJAC has advice on privacy settings for Windows 10. Generally don't accept anything.

IJAC likes this.
  5. grantiman

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Well I still getting use to this computer, trying to find what security's are running on here. I came across BitLocker on here, it shows that it's turned off, is it something I need to turn on? Also a notice keeps popping up asking if I want to allow BitDefender to make changes to my computer, I believe BitDefender is some kind of security and I should accept it to make changes? On my old computer I had Maleware Bytes, CCleaner, and Microsoft Security Essentials, would it be a good idea to install them on my Windows 10? Thanks...

6. IJAC

IJAC Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    I have a Asus prime Z270A MB
    CPU:
    Intel i5 Quad core
    Memory:
    Rip Jaw 32 GB
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung Evo 500 GB SS
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R7 260X/360
    Power Supply:
    750 Watt Corsair
    You definitely don't need driver updater. If drivers need updating go to the manufacturer of the hardware to get drivers. Windows 10 will update them for you but sometimes that can cause problems. Those driver update programs I find are good for hitting you with ads or they make you buy it after they scan your computer. As far as the privacy part I do turn all the MS snooping stuff off. Here is a explanation of all the privacy stuff in windows 10. https://lifehacker.com/what-windows-10s-privacy-nightmare-settings-actually-1722267229

Tony D likes this.
  7. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    For protection, Windows 10 is pretty good. However, I'd download MalwareBytes Antimalware. Keep that as a second opinion. If you have a license for the Pro version, install that.

IJAC likes this.
  8. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    Bitdefender is an antivirus program.
    You can only run one antivirus app on a computer.