1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

What Does this Mean?

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Dec 16, 2019.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7

Attached Files:

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Your uBlock Origin is blocking the web site because of advertising. You can temporarily disable the blocking, or disable/remove uOrigin completely. Better yet, get off of AOL because it's full of advertisements.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Maybe I will just get rid of it. I never use it anyway for some time now for I started using gmail. I just open aol once in awhile and got this today. Never actually send or receive. Thanks for the info.

4. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Sounds like you're doing the right thing - getting off of AOL and then checking an old account now and then.

5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I signed up for this AOLmail when I began with verizon TV, internet, etc and stopped my old dial up service. Since then I have begun gmail for all mail and no longer use or access the mailAOL email service. Something about it was not working right anyway. But I do not know how to go about removing or stopping it. Any suggestions? I still am using Verizon internet, router, TV and phones.

6. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I don't know if you can delete the account. Easier to forget about it. If someone want to get in touch with you and doesn't have your gmail account, they will call or send you something in the postal mail.

7. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Sounds good. Will just ignore it as have been doing.

8. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I tried to test it a few times and it seemed to work. Now I try to send from each account to the other and the AOL Verizon mail does not even work. Send or receive. If I try send it pops up a box saying "you have not sent this mail. You can discard, save as draft, or type another".
    My online banking was using it and it said I have not logged in in over 5 months and it was going to cancel my online account so I changed the online to the gmail account. Don't understand it.

9. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I was wrong. Sometimes works, sometimes does not, sometimes takes awhile. Strange.

10. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    That AOL mail is messed up. I had two accounts, a personal and a business email account with Verizon. Like you, I really didn't use them, but I would check them once in a while. AOL deleted the mail I had in there. Glad I put it behind.

11. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I never use any email associated with my ISP. Friends I've know have switched between Verizon and Comcast and have had to change email addresses, inform everyone and perhaps lose some emails in the process. It is way easier to get a permanent email address, like gmail, juno, yahoo, protonmail, etc. (I have accounts at all 4 including a few other sites).

I've had Comcast/Xfinity broadband since 2004. Of course I got an email address. I've never given it to anyone for anything. Therefore I don't send nor receive email at that address.
    I use it for 2 things: a) to sign in to Comcast/Xfinity because I used to be able to see how much usage I had in a month and b) on my phone to sign in with the Music Choice app so I can stream music when I'm driving. (Why use a free service with ads or pay $10/month for ad free music streaming when Comcast offers ad free music choice with the tv service? I'm cheap; I either use this or my mp3 player attached to an external speaker.)
    I don't consider it an email account. I consider it a way for Comcast/Xfinity to identify me so I can use some of the services.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  12. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I decided to keep the Verizon AOL Mail since it does seem to work provided I do everything correctly. But I prefer gmail now and only will use it for unimportant things where I must give a valid email
    I used to have Dial Up and had half dozen free email addressees that were all fictitious non-existent people and locations I used only for junk emails when I had to give one but not receive mail on. They all worked but were all unreal names, locations, etc. Now I use gmail web mail.