1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Pixel Colors on new monitor

Discussion in 'Monitor' started by Anenu, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Anenu

Anenu

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I got a new monitor as an early christmas gift and when I started it up it had weird color problems, even after I installed the drivers that come on the disk with the monitor. The biggest issue is that everything seems really grainy, the second issue is that the monitor seems to have the kinda snowfall thing tv's not getting any reception have but only on some areas and the 3rd issue I have is that sometimes on certain programs I get large bands of color for some reason. I have attached two images, unfortunately I couldn't find a way to take a screenshot of the bad monitor without it looking fine on the other good monitor so I took a picture of the bad monitor with my phone and uploaded it, this means that the bad monitor picture has much lower resolution but that is due to my phone and not the monitor. This is the new monitor if that helps. Any help would be appreciated. Monitor Problem.jpg Computer Problem.PNG

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome Anenu,

You may have a bad monitor. Can you try using this new monitor with another computer. You shouldn't have to install any drivers for it. Just connect the monitor to another computer and see how it looks.

3. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi.
    Did your old monitor have like issues?
    As Tony said you don't need to run any drivers.
    If the monitor runs OK connected to another computer, then you have a Graphics card issue. IMO