1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding invite help!!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Caitriona Dunne, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Caitriona Dunne

Caitriona Dunne

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Ok so I posted this question on another site and got some smart ass answers so please only genuine help!! To keep the costs of our wedding down I decided to buy our invitations from alibaba. We have to put them together ourselves which is no problem, the problem is typing them up and printing them. They are 210mm x 110mm. I tried them on a DL envelope setting but the text wont fit, so I put some text in the header and footer but it doesn't print out right. Any ideas what I can do? I have windows 2007. Many Thanks everyone

2. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi and welcome to Computer Help Forums Caitriona.

No doubt others may have different idea's, however I suggest a work round it.
    Open all programs and then Accessories, then open Paint. You will find you can then create a new image, select white or other colour background, then select "Text" and write what you wish to say, you may need some experiment with text sizes and image size, also text positioning. However once you are happy with that, go to "File" and then sellect "Save as", click the drop down and make sure you have it set as JPEG, and also give it a title. Then save it as a picture, your printer should then be able to print it to whatever your printer can handle for pictures, if it will handle thin card all the better as they are invites.

Here is a test "Picture" I did to demonstrate.

ba488e77497e6ebc8b702fc510870754.jpg

Nev.