1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Weather in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tony D, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I haven't figured out what this is. Anyone know?

It's some weather info that shows up next to the Notification area. When you click on it, a weather window opens.

Attached Files:

2. Seth Anthony

Seth Anthony Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Modified Texas Instruments calculator
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    It's a weather app from Microsoft. It comes through on the latest Window's Update.

You wouldn't believe how many calls I've gotten about it. You can right click on it and choose to hide it.

IJAC and allheart55 (Cindy E) like this.
  3. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Thanks, but it's not the same weather app as I have on my W10. Mine doesn't show next to the Notification Area. I can put it in the Taskbar where it looks like a sun with a cloud in front of it. This machine shows not a sun with a cloud, but the temperature and weather condition next to the Notification Area.

Another thing that is different is the window that opens when you click on it. The one I'm asking about also shows news, sports, and finance. The one on my W10 machine just shows weather.

IJAC likes this.
  4. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Seth Anthony and IJAC like this.
  5. Digerati

Digerati Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    That would simply suggest you, at some point in the past, downloaded and installed another weather app.

And to ensure understanding, the sun with a cloud in front of it indicates it is currently "partly cloudy" outside. On a clear, sunny day, you will see just the sun. On a clear night, just the moon, etc.

At first I didn't like it because it took up way too much room. Then I set it to "Show icon only" and edited the content it displays when I hover over it. Now I'm okay with it.

plodr likes this.