1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Edit

Discussion in 'Graphics Design & Photo Editing' started by gunnner, Feb 5, 2010.

1. gunnner

gunnner Registered Members

Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Dell 521 32bit
    HI--- Going to try to upload a video to YouTube---which is more than 10 min.( the limit).
    So how do I shorten up a video????-------------Is there a tut some where?
    A new challange for me------onward I go :unsure: ---any help greatly apprreciated ------------------gunnner ;)

2. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi Gunnner.If your Video is larger than the 10 minute limit,you will have to Compress it.
    Here is an audio Tutorial.

3. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    HI---Well this morn. I tried to upload a video to you tube. The video was almost 8 min. long. So being that it was under 10 min. I thought NO PROBLEM------------WRONG--It uploaded for more than 2 hrs. & I was only 2/3 the way done ( it was uploading about 1 frame a min. as I watched). As I was close to the end of FREE time I canceled out---Don't know if Uploading counts against FAP ?
    Is this a normal upload time via satellite? I,m gona make a shorter one today & try again.
    I just saw Doug's reply & played the video----QUESTION---under 'Presets" which do I click :unsure: on cause I have Satellite?--------need help if ya please-----gunnner

4. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi Gunnner.I think you are going to have problems uploading any Video to Youtube.
    Your upload speed of .16 MB to me isn't fast enough.IMO.
    I would leave the presets as the Video suggested.
    Someone else may have different advice for you.
    I have never uploaded a Video to Youtube,so I am flying blind here. :)

5. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    Well, being that it is 27° & snowing out---thought I'd fool with DVDvideoSoft.
    After trying to put in the rite password (1/2 hr.) I finnaly got it to go----BUT it got to 99% & then got "not conected to internet" . So after 4 times of that went out & swept off the dish-----still NO GO.
    Am I doin something wrong or is this a worthless program? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    WELL-----The Video got loaded----Don't ask me how---dun ko. I had given up after my last post. I was just sittin here & went to YouTube & saw "My Uploads"----what the heck-----I clicked on it & IT WAS THERE. :lol:

Here is the link----My link

OR you can go to YouTube & enter in upper cove rd. 001
    let me know if it does not show------------------------gunnner :)

BTW---It's not a great video---I ws the first one I shot with my GoPro camera.
    Tomorrow I plan to do a shorter on from pavement up---will try & trace my uploading

7. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    Well--uploaded another video----but I did not use DVDSoft. I had sent them a email regarding the problem----here's the response:
    Hello,

Free YouTube Uploader is currently not functioning. You can create an account on Youtube, log in into your account, click the button "Upload", then click the button "Upload video" and choose the file you want to upload from your harddrive.
    Soon we're going to delete this tool from Free Studio Manager.
    Regards,
    Noelle, DVDVideoSoft

This time the Tec. in town converted the video to --FLV----that really helped---went from 215 (mb ?) down to 26.5---even then it took some time. :rolleyes:
    Don't think I'll be doin much more on YouTube.-------gunnner :)