1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon Blocks Email Sending Claiming It Is Spam

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Dec 14, 2015.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Anybody hear of this? emails I send on WLM (havent tried OE6 or 8) is blocked by my verizon.net free email account along with verizon FiOS high Speed Internet. Same email address I have been ending to for years and not all are blocked. Refers you to www.verizon.net/spamfaq site. I went there and found many have this issue and verizon etc have been no help in resolving. I usually just keep on resending until it finally sends but this is a nuisance. Anyone have any ideas about this or what to do?
    Dont know how to change the server or port as someone mentioned. And dont know if it even works.
    I am not sure how this works but would a free webmail account help, with a different server than the verizon one?
    The dialup account had its outgoing server on WLM and never blocked email due to thinking it was spam.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Verizon checks your outgoing mail to determine if it's spam. If they flag your email as spam, it won't go thru. Seen this many times, usually, but not always, when the user forwards a message. Some email clients won't allow any further emails to be sent until the offending message is deleted.

Open the offending email and see if there's anything in there that would give Verizon a reason to flag the message. Change the verbiage in the message until Verizon let's it go thru.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Now that I mentioned this the emails send immediately without problem or delay. I am about convinced there is nothing wrong most of the time except for very high periodic usage. Just try over and ovr or wait awhile and problem solved. Most of these send after a few tries or later on. Still it is infuriating.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Cant figure out why verizon thinks some of the email I am sending is spam. And even if had another WLM guest account, wouldn't it still have the same outgoing server? The WLM server? Cant see how to get around this. Just sent several that went instantly, then a few that wouldnt send, wouldnt open and I had to restart, shut down and start and still no improvement so deleted it. Only 2 lines. Then sent 2 test mails perfectly.

5. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    If Verizon flags them as spam, you will get an error message stating so.

If there's a connection problem, the email may go out later.

6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Did get message saying Verizon had blocked. Verizon is a guest account on WLM. If I get another webmail guest account should that help or will it still have the same server and port which must be verizon? Trying to think of a way around this. On XP have OE6 and verizon.net account but not yet have had this problem. Send mail to my brother all the time only had problem when started using verizon account on WLM since w7 laptop has WLM.
    Even though it says verizon is blocking it because it looks like spam, it does seem WLM may somehow be at fault.

7. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I think there is some confuson on terms here.
    I don't understand what you mean by a "guest accout". Can you tell us a little more about why you call it a guest account? If you're referring to the sub accounts that Verizon FiOS gives its customers, those accounts have all the same features as the main account. They are no different.

Webmail is not an account. It's a method to read/send messages to/from your email account using a browser such as Internet Explorer instead of using an email client such as OE, WLM, or Thunderbird.

If the message comes up from Verizon saying that Verizon has blocked the message, why would you think WLM is at fault?

8. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Sorry - WLM (Windows Live Mail calls these guest accounts. I had two; one was the verizon.net which I got with the wireless and the other was the DialUp which is now removed. That leaves only the WLM verizon account which WLM refers to as a Guest Account meaning I suppose it is not the primary windows Live Mail account. WLM allows importing other accounts and calls them "guest accounts". I have also a verizon webmail and an operamail webmail which is a guest account of FastMail.com but cant put it on WLM since it is already a guest account and free FastMail guest accounts are not allowed to be imported to other mail accounts, most likely because they want you to begin a pay-for-it FastMail account. Complicated. That is my understanding of it.
    Still think Verizon blocks some of them because they use up too much resources and more than a free mail is supposed to. I believe this because of all the people who contact verizon, verizon seems to offer no reasons or solutions. I think it is deliberate "paring". Usually they send immediately. Other times I have to fiddle with it awhile. Think it is usage or blocking what they consider excessive. Do not think it is spam or looks like spam and I have no doubt it is Verizon doing it. And no one seems to have any answers which increases my distrust. I have never liked or trusted Verizon and only have it for there is really no other choice suitable to me. And Comcast is not a desirable alternative. I am with Verizon strictly due to nothing better found that suits me for one or more reasons..
    Read lots of web-stuff about Verizon and most of it bad. Best Ive got so have to live with it. Just like to check in case it is me or my settings at fault.