1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Use of Microsoft Security Essentials

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BGBG, Sep 10, 2022.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I do a quick scan now and then but should I be doing full scans and how often?

2. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    The full scan took all day and found two items which I cleaned and removed. First time I ever did anything but a quick scan. Usually quarantined but this time decided to remove. Hope this was right action.

3. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Yes, removing what it found was the thing to do, after you checked where the items were located. I usually quarantine then after a few days if the computer is behaving, I remove. I haven't found anything in years.

On my computers, MS Security Essentials is set to do a Quick Scan automatically once a week. I don't think I've ever done a full scan. (I have full protection from Malwarebytes so I don't feel I need to do a full scan with MS Security Essentials.) If I won't be using the computer for an extended period, I'll try a full scan.

hmm, I found this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ours-why/6a4d8392-9abe-4d25-8eb8-2c88f924b879
    which recommends a Custom scan instead of a full scan. That sounds like the plan for me.

allheart55 (Cindy E) and Tony D like this.