1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Help

Discussion in 'Android Phones & Tablets' started by biferi, Apr 1, 2021.

1. biferi

biferi Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I know this is not a Tablet but I wanted to know if anybody had anything to Say about this TV?

I can not See what the Contrast Ratio is.

Can anybody help Me with if this is an ok TV?

And is there a New Model?

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    There's more than specs when it comes to buying a TV. Some models do better in a well lit room. Others do better in a dimly lit room. What viewing angle do you want? Some TVs look great straight on while others hold the picture nicely at various viewing angles.

I found a TV that I liked. When I got it home I realized that the viewing angle wasn't as wide as I'd like. I found out the TV had an IPS display. IPS displays have good contrast, however they don't have a wide viewing angle. Researching display panels, I discovered that the type of display may be different on different size TVs in the same family of TVs. Thought that was wierd.

I purchased a second TV from a different manufacturer to run a home comparison with the first TV. The two TVs were about the same price. I watched both TVs for a week before deciding on which one to return. The 2nd TV didn't have the contrast as the first TV, but it had a wider viewing angle.

What was right for me may not be right for you.