1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble Using Two Gmail Accounts On Same Computer

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Dec 8, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Have two gmail accounts. Seems to having trouble logging onto one after using and closing or logging off other one. Seems to set and remember the first one used. How get around whatever is happening?

I am thinking maybe you cannot different accounts with same company or sites with different logins and save logins like I used to successful be able to do. May be other reasons but I thought this would fit in with the security obsessiveness. I believe in caution but for me excessive security is preventing me from doing more and more things and is wasting more and more of my time.
    Gmail login used to show possible user names and I would click the one I wanted It doesn't seem to do so anymore for me at least.If I close or log out it just goes to same one again and never shows an alternative.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. Rustys

Rustys Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Hard Drive:
    Yes
    Graphics Card:
    4 D
    Power Supply:
    Solar
    Thought that was covered here?

Yes the more security you invoke the harder it is to keep things working the way you want them to In which might explain why that no longer work. That is not to say that there might be a work around.

Have you tried going to google.com and logging in form there or seeing if you can switch accounts form there

3. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Log into one of your gmail accounts using a browser. Click on your Google account icon in the upper right corner.
    From there you can add other accounts and switch between them. No reason to log out of whatever account you're using if you want to check/use the other account. Just switch between them.

4. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I'm signed out. It shows the account I signed out of. (I erased the information).
    googlesignin.jpg
    Click the down arrow at the right side. And you see this screen
    googlechooser.jpg
    Click on Choose another account.

5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Still when use one Gmail account any shortcuts I have go to that one whether I log on or logoff. Used to be able to click on the purple icon with my initial or other account initial and it would change. Now I have to search for a gmail login and if find it, it gives a choice of one account or other. Now they changed it so If i click the purple initial it goes to some other page. Nuisance.

FINALLY I GOT IT TO WORK LIKE TONY SAID ABOVE. THANKS TONY. NOT AS EASY AS CLICKING THE CIRCLE BEFORE BUT IT WORKS.

6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Gmail seems to have changed back to where I can click the purple initial icon and have option to switch accounts. These screens seem to change around continuously. Always updating I guess. Anyway, most all issues have seemed to resolve at the moment.