1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer music to Ipod without ITunes?

Discussion in 'iPads, iPods & iPhones' started by FloydPalmer, May 29, 2016.

1. FloydPalmer

FloydPalmer Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Basically, I don't fancy downloading Itunes and tbh I don't have a big music folder to transfer music. I'll be ripping audio from Youtube to listen to on the train or podcasts.

I tried moving a song to my Ipod without ITunes by opening the latter in my computer then unhiding the folders and pasting the song however when I tried to listen to it I couldn't find it!

So is there a way to get round this (maybe I did something wrong?) or is there a free software I could use to transfer songs to the Ipod/manage my existing playlist?

Cheers

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Personally, I don't know a way to do what you asked. The thing is I believe iPod/iPads/iPhones use a database which points to the media files. It's just the way it was designed. iTunes is the database app that handles the media files and pointing to the files. It's not like copying files to a Sansa mp3 player.

iTunes manages my iPod and iPad just fine. Why not use iTunes?

3. FloydPalmer

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I find it a tad clunky to use at times plus my laptop might not take it well to using Itunes but I might give it a go if I have to but it's just me trying to find an easier way. I've been able to find the Itunes folder files through connecting the Ipod to the laptop but as I said, when transferring a track to a folder I couldn't find it so it might not have worked as you have suggested with the way it's designed.

4. FloydPalmer

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    So I've downloaded iTunes. I've connected my Ipod but all the songs are greyed out and I can't delete or do anything. A note that this is an older ipod and all the original files of the songs are saved elsewhere.

5. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
  6. gijoetech1

gijoetech1 Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    there are somewhat, free software but have limitation, like one song at the time , when you get the full version you can transfer as much as you want, there are lots of them huu uu one is called anytrans, another is wondershare mobiltrans