1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Tracfone Cell Phone Contact Number

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by BGBG, Jun 30, 2020.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Not sure if this ic correct place but I have 2 Tracfone cell phones with lots of airtime but service end date is past. I thought I just needed airtime so I tried online purchase of airtime but do not think it went though because SIM card is expired. This happened once before and they sent me a new SIM card. Does anyone know if the Tracfone SIM card is replaced do the minutes transfer over or are they lost and new airtime needs to be purchased? Since I have so mny unused minutes left I would not like to get a SIM card, keep the phone, and lose the minutes only to buy more. I would just discontinue cell phone use.
    Also I see there is a new Tracfone contact number 800-378-9575 but it looks like a scam to gget you to sign up for a $1/week trial period. Anyone know about this? A trick to get you to sign up for trial to avoid wait on phone call.

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Suggest you call Tracfone at 800-867-7183.

Seth Anthony likes this.
  3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    All I seem to get are IVR and reecordings but NEVER a real live person. I have let service expire on 2 phones accidentally and tried to buy airtime but the service has ended and plenty of airtime remaining. Would like to just reach an agent and find out how to get a new SIM card, what if anything that costs, and if the airtime I already has transfers. I used to go over to WalMart and let them do this and just buy a card, then started doing it myself. But it has been a long time. I do not want to spend any more time, money, and travel but I need advice. I got a SIM card once but have forgotten how to innstall them and tey may not be free anymore or transfer airtime to a new one. In which case I am ready to just let them exipre and forget them.
    I hust tried these phone numbers and no success. Cannot get past the voice response system. Need to talk to a representative but it seems impossible. No email address either.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I tried a chat. Agent said SIM card not expired and would reactivate if I purchased airtime. Maybe I was so busy making a copy of the transaction that I forgot to complete the purchase. He said no purchase was made. Very confusing. Getting better at chatting though.

5. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Tracfone is a real pain if you want to talk to someone. Other than that, the service works well for someone who uses cell phone.

I hear ads for Consumer Cellular aimed at the senior crowd, but I've not dealt with them https://www.consumercellular.com/

6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I finally got it figured out. I think it was all my fault. Made same error today 33 times. I made mistake in the credit card number and purchase never went through. In a hurry, I must have closed page without noticing the Invalid card number warning. I never made the purchase. I made a minimal purhase of airtime to see if that works. I was told the SIM card would reactivate if I made a purchase. That is what I thought originally but never realized the purchase never went through.

7. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    It used to be or maybe it was the "dumb phone" that passed end of service date and in those days you could call tracfone and talk to a live person right away. They said I needed a new SIM card and sent me one free. Now I guess things have changed and if tou NEED a SIM card you buy one for $0.99 and make an airtime purchase. In my case the card was good and if I made a purchase of airtime it would reactivate the card. BUT, unbeknownst to me at the time, my purchase DID NOT go through because I had typed the incorrect credit card number and nothng happened. When I made a small cost purchase it went through and the phone worked. Ithink the trick is to have a long end of service date. They told me then when I was going to Walmart to purchase airtime cards that 400 minute 365 days service end date card which would triple and give me a year of service and triple the minutes to 1200 minutes was the best buy. I never thought much more about it after that but this time 2 phones service expired because I did not notice. The cheapest phone that I originally bought just to try it out is not important. The two smart phones I would like to keep. Now I will just forget about the cheap dumb phone and keep the two smart phones as I had. Sorry to be wordy but thought it good to explain. In August and December I will need to get a year card for each, and I do not go to Walmart and have someone do it for me but just turn on the phone and go online to purchase the airtime.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020