1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Tougher Question

Discussion in 'Browser Issues' started by BGBG, Sep 19, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I am using Firefox browser with DuckDuckGo.co search. Up to now I could drag/drop the URL of a site to desktop or a folder and it would make a shortcut with name of search url. Now today I tried that and instead it makes a shortcut of the tab which it names DuckDuckGo-Privacy ,simplified and I have to remane the file if I want to save it. I cannot upload the file because it does not have an allowed extension.
    Any way to change this or will I just have to continue drag, drop, rename? I cannot make a picture because it will not say "simplified" but only what I tried to upload which is the shortcut it put on desktop. See Attached.
    Hard to explain but I need it to name the tab like the URL, not as Pricay Simplied which seems like not a true name but some ad by DuckDuckGo. It does open the website but I have to change the file name to something else. Never happened until now.

Just discovered it only happens with the main search. I can make shortcuts by drag/drop the search items listed. Strange but maybe not as big an obstacle as I thought.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    It appears the search engine DuckDuckGo.com which I liked and used for a long time has now started naming the shortcuts I drag and drop to my desktop "DuckDuckGo Privacy Simplified instead of the name of the search. This causes all shortcuts to have the same name and if I try to make one it says one already exists since they are named the same then I have to make a folder or rename one or the other which is a nuisance. So since I do not know a simple way around this I may need to stop using the DuckDuckGo search or think of another way to make a shortcut to we searches. Annoys me.

3. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Have you tried this on different browsers and do they do the same thing?

This will tell us if it is a site or browser.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Not sure yet. Have to try. Guess I could just make and name a folder if need to each time then name the file inside. I get used to doing a thing a certain way and not thinking about it much until I have some problem occur. Meanwhile I can use Google search. Made a shortcut to that one.