1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Ssd Drives Rock

Discussion in 'Hard Drive - HDD' started by Rich M, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Rich M

Rich M Guest

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    CPU:
    Intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz
    Memory:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133
    Hard Drive:
    Crucial 256 Gb SSD+ WD Raptor 300 Gb Sata III
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R9 280 2GB HDMI
    Power Supply:
    Seasonic 750 watt
    Working On a Windows 7 Dell Inspiron 2020 All-in-One with 4 gb ram and an Intel i-3 cpu 2nd Generation that I have worked on quite a few times it seems I have been there 3 times in the last year to clean up infections. Not a cheap pc, we decided to replace the hard drive with an ssd drive since the prices have come down so much and the user is sick and tired of how slow it is. Since I own a similar pc I was sure the ssd drive would make a huge difference and we were ready to reinstall Windows anyway since the issues just cannot seem to go away with normal cleanings. I had scanned with several different products for rootkits and did not see any, mainly "M-Bar" and "Rootkit Remover". I was worried that the i-3 and onlky 4 gb ram might not run as well as I thought but this All-in-One is now a "screamer". I cannot believe the difference and it is like learning about the advantages of an ssd drive all over again.

The drive I used is an A-Data 256 gb for $99 and I am seriously impressed with it because unlike the other Ssd drives I have purchased, this one had a mounting sleeve as well as the drive but the "hype" never mentioned it. I also decided to go away from my traditional protection and make this my first Emsisoft trial pc and am I glad I did but there is another thread dealing with this issue on this forum.

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  2. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    :iagree:
    SSD's are the bees knees. I bought a crucial 520GB drive, a little more expensive than the one you got Rich, however, it does now go like a rocket, the POST takes up nearly as much time as the loading of Windows 7 afterwards.
    I used to press the start button, then go make a coffee. Now I press the start button and it boots completely ready to use in less than fifty seconds, so I now make the coffee afterwards :biggrin:

3. Rich M

Rich M Guest

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    CPU:
    Intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz
    Memory:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133
    Hard Drive:
    Crucial 256 Gb SSD+ WD Raptor 300 Gb Sata III
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R9 280 2GB HDMI
    Power Supply:
    Seasonic 750 watt
    At this point all my desktops have ssd drives and I am debating my Sony Laptop which I seldom use which is really fast with a 7200 speed hard drive now.

4. IceMan37

IceMan37 Banned

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    MSI Z87M-G43
    CPU:
    I5 4690k @ 4.6
    Memory:
    16GB Hyper X 1866
    Hard Drive:
    1TB WD_Blue | 240Gb Sandosk SSD
    Graphics Card:
    eVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Power Supply:
    750W Tt
    I agree they do Rock! Seriously they are becoming much more affordable now. I have a Transcend 512GB that I can finally use as a total drive for the most part with the operating system, tech tools, and games on there. It's fare more snappy on the SSD then it was on a regular SATA/PATA drive. Still using SATA for mass storage of course.