1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Sound Distortion

Discussion in 'Sound Card' started by Leanne, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Leanne

Leanne

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    I have a HP Pavilion G6 Laptop, about 6 months old. Recently the sound has become extremely distorted. I use iTunes and the sound seems to be fine but as soon as I open up an internet page, the sound becomes tinny and distorted. The laptop also becomes quite slow, jumpy and jittery.
    the same is with any videos that I try to play, they skip and jump and the sound is extremely distorted.
    I have ran anti-virus programs and they have come back as 100% clean. I have cleared the laptop of all unnecessary junk and ran clean-up programs. I've also updated all software. I've looked on many different forums on the internet and followed advice given to other users with a similar problem. Nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyo

2. BeeCeeBee

BeeCeeBee ADMINISTRATOR IN MEMORY

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    OK lets not start the process of repeating advice you have already received. You say this happens when you are playing songs you downloaded from itunes and only occurs when you open a website, is that correct?

On what are you playing the songs, what program are you using?

3. Leanne

Leanne

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    its not just songs from iTunes, but any music at all, also videos, basically any sound from my laptop becomes distorted when using the internet or any other program.
    if i run iTunes on its own, with no other programs open the sound is fine, this is the same with WMP, but as soon as i open any other program the problem starts.

4. BeeCeeBee

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    OK I get it but now we are at the point where you need to tell us briefly what you have tried so far so we don't just start over and duplicate what you have already done.

5. woodyblade

woodyblade Inactive Staff Member

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Samsung
    CPU:
    Intel Core i7 3615QM 2.30GHz
    Memory:
    8GB
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung 830 256GB
    Graphics Card:
    Nvidia Geforce GT 640m
    An odd problem that ITunes etc are only affected when another program is open, It sounds like you are playing sound through the laptops inbuilt speakers, have you tried using a set of earphones?

If you haven't try listening to music with some earphones and load a program, if the sound stays clear then your problem would likely be the laptop speakers being faulty/failing, it could also be a sound setting being wrong, maybe some feedback or something causing the distortion.
    We'll see what the earphone sound is like.

6. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi. It isn't helping you continuously leaping from one help forum to another. Differing advice can lead to confusion, and at worse making the situation worse and not better.
    You opened a thread on FPCH eight minutes before your last reply here. This sort of behaviour is of little help to you in the long run and also leads to us the helpers wasting time that could be better used helping someone else.

I have replied over there and do take note of suggestions that your problem could be a failing or failed RAM module.

Nev.

7. BeeCeeBee

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I have no problem if you choose to seek help in more than one place as long as you do not waste our time, their time or yours. I did ask you what advice you had received and you did not reply. Accordingly I would prefer that no further posts be made here unless you are committed to just completing instructions given. Since I see that Plastic Nev appears to have things well at hand I assume we will not hear further from you.

That being said, this thread is NOT closed but if you do return you will need to update us on everything that you have tried to solve the problem.

8. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Just to add, I will also monitor here as well if you decide to stick with this forum.

Nev.