1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Slower Computer After Installing/uninstalling Steam

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shiraki, Jul 19, 2012.

1. shiraki

shiraki

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Business
    Hey. Yesterday i decided to install steam and teamfortess2, and then i uninstalled them because i realized my Asus laptop doesn't handle TF2 as well as my macbook pro does. However, my laptop is now much slower, namely while playing GTA and while using google chrome (although it's slower in general).

Any suggestions?

Oh, and i've noticed that the sound is acting odd: when it works on TeamSpeak, it doesn't on youtube; when it works on youtube, it doesn't on GTA, and so forth.

2. BeeCeeBee

BeeCeeBee ADMINISTRATOR IN MEMORY

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Welcome to Computer Help Forums shiraki!! :)

Have you tried a system restore to a point prior to the installation. That should undo whatever changes were made.

3. shiraki

shiraki

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Business
    Ty! How exactly do i do that?

4. BeeCeeBee

BeeCeeBee ADMINISTRATOR IN MEMORY

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I am not a vista user so if I am slightly off bear with me. That being said these instructions are close enough. Open your start menu and then scroll to "accessories." From accessories select "system tools" and from there "System Restore." You will be asked to select a restore point. Obviously you need to select one prior to when you made the installation. From there just follow the instructions as they appear on the screen. The are simple and straightforward.

5. shiraki

shiraki

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Business
    Nvm. I figure out how to do a system restore, but it doesn't allow me to restore the computer to before installing steam. The 2 restoring points is allows me to return to are both from uninstalling programs i don't use, which i happened less than 1 hour ago.

6. woodyblade

woodyblade Inactive Staff Member

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    As something else to try, though I'm not sure it will fix the problem, try a disk cleanup by going to Start > Computer > Right Click on C: Drive and select Properties > Select disk cleanup and tick the checkboxes so all temporary files are removed.
    See if this improves the situation.