1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow To Connect

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BGBG, Jan 4, 2019.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I have Verizon internet. I keep laptop on all day but in sleep when not using. When I open the lid and press power button it 'wakes up'. Then when I click a web shortcut like gmail nothing happens. Then I keep clicking and clicking. After awhile about 10-20 windows finally open. Is this just natural slowness of Verizon internet, or am i being unreasonable expecting a faster appearance of windows, or could something else be slowing it down? Why could it be slow to come out of sleep mode?

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    You need to wait until Windows has completely "waken up". Geez. a little patience is needed here. Unless you have a fast computer with an SSD drive, wait until it's ready for your commands.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I found it does not happen all the time. Like right now it waked up right away. Maybe after a long while it is in'deep sleep' or something. Sounds like iit is normal behavior. Thank you for the reassurance.

4. Boonski

Boonski Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I agree with BGBG, give the computer time to wake up from sleep.
    You might also open Task Manager (rt. click on task bar at bottom of screen) and clk the performance tab.
    This will tell you how busy the CPU is.
    There also may be Windows Updates affecting your system.
    From experience I find a wireless connection is about half the download speed of an ethernet connection.
    Try an connecting directly to your router or modem and see if there is a difference.
    View the wireless connection icon by your clock and see if an error is present. You may have to click on the up arrow to view your wireless connection icon.