1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow running script

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Patricia Goodall, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Patricia Goodall

Patricia Goodall Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I have an Acer Apsire 5720 laptop. The empowering technology stopped working a long time ago. That did not bother me. For quite a while now I get a message saying "slow running script". I thought I had found a way to fix it my going to Microsoft-fix it. When I tried to run it I got a message saying it would not run as Boot Strapp had stopped working. I can still use my laptop but it is very, very slow. :(
    I did think about going back to factory settings but did not want to do that as I would have so many filters to re-install in Paint Shop Pro 9. Getting many of the filters to work in PSP9 was hard enough the first time round.

2. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi and welcome to CHF.

From what you describe it does sound like some of the Windows Vista operating system is damaged or missing. Do you have a Windows Vista DVD from Microsoft available? Preferably with Service pack 2, and certainly not a manufacturers or self created recovery disk.
    If you have or can get a full Vista DVD disk you can do what is known as a start up repair of the operating system without losing files or programs, if only a recovery disk, in most cases that deletes everything and completely returns it back to factory settings.

Here is a link for a DVD based start up repair, it repairs or replaces missing or corrupt parts of the operating system.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/windows-vista-startup-repair.htm

Nev.

3. Patricia Goodall

Patricia Goodall Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Infortunately I do not have a DVD. I will have to try and install all the filters for PSP9 on my Win7 desktop. Have tried unsuccessfully a couple of times but will try again. I did put the 10.dll where they should go then I will use my recovery disc on this Vista lappy. Thank you for your prompt reply.

Patricia