1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Signing In

Discussion in 'Browser Issues' started by BGBG, Jul 17, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Almost every login site I go to wants me to sign in again even though I do not clear cookies, always check keep me signed in, PC remembers logins, and even though the username and password appears when I click it, I no longer can automatically BE logged in already when the page opens without clicking anything. Everything I go to Still make me click to sign in now. Anyone else experience this? Even this site I can be logged in, close, open it again and if not the first time, after only a few times I am asked to log in again. Getting tired of this obsessive security which I assume is responsible. REASONABLE security is enough for me, not to the point where it becomes a nuisance in itself. I take risks all day with no guarantees. Get to computer and I can do nothing without the security interfering.
    After a log in or two nearly every site even if it remembers the username/password wants me to actually click them tho sign in.

2. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    You need to make sure that your cookies aren't being cleared when you close your browser, Bill.

3. Seth Anthony

Seth Anthony Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Modified Texas Instruments calculator
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    What Cindy said, and don't use any BS cleaning programs like Ccleaner.

If anyone tells you that your computer needs cleaning of temp files, the registry, cookies, etc, or a defrag, then they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Guess what I just found out? In Privacy & Security I saw Keep Cookies Until Firefox Closes. That may be IT. I changed it to Until They Expire and will see what THAT does. That is probably what Cindy meant. Have to look at these settings now and then.

5. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    That will do it, Bill. :D

6. tecknomage

tecknomage Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
    CPU:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Memory:
    8gb
    Hard Drive:
    4tb
    Graphics Card:
    NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 770] 1990mb memory
    Power Supply:
    750w
    Please realize that security measures at any sight is not just you. :nope: They are for the entire internet.

They cannot customize security at their WEB sites to your desires, but must protect against hacking and malware for everyone that logs-on to a site.

You SHOULD want the highest security possible to prevent hackers from gaining access to your computer system and your data.

Also, more sites require relog-on just like an iPhone, with finger print logon, occasionally requires the user to logon with the code.

7. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Since I changed the setting for how long to keep cookies to "until they expire" I have had no logging in trouble. I think remembering login is a convenient and good thing unless you are CIA or a corrupt illegal operation and doing subversive activities and I find it nice to stay logged in. I could get run over by a car or hit by falling tree but I still go out of house and walk in woods. For those who need and want it I am happy super security is there for them and I a happy it is. For those of us who are honest and not top secret computer users and do not feel they need high tech security and would like not have to remember of refer to complicated login lists, which I DO have, then the convenience factor is also desirable. I CAN log in but would prefer NOT to.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.