1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Searching for a new computer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by 8biosdrive, Feb 10, 2019.

1. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I'm in the market for a new desktop pc. My computer needs are fairly basic: enterprise software and internet use. I'm not a gamer, other than some online chess now and then, which is not too graphics intensive. Would I ever want to do some basic video editing? Not likely, but possible. I think the system in the link below would nicely meet my needs. It has the hard drive optane memory cache to speed up data transfer. I am thinking of purchasing a 250-500 Gb ssd for the boot/data drive, and asking Dell to include a Windows recovery cd, rather than installing the operating system on the internal hard drive, which I would use for the data drive. I understand that the ability to upgrade the CPU, down the road, is limited in this system, but I don't expect to need to do that. I also understand that the power supply is only around 300 W. Would that be sufficient to handle the ssd? I would welcome any comments, advice or suggestions on this system or others.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/inspiron-desktop/spd/inspiron-3670-desktop/er

2. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Sorry about the title which I entered by mistake. I couldn't find a way to edit it.

3. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I fixed the thread subject line. Hope it's what you were intending.

I like the Dell Inspiron 3000 series for the majority of home users. I think it's a nice balance between performance and price.

8biosdrive likes this.