1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Recovering audio file

Discussion in 'Backup and Recovery' started by Cole, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Cole

Cole

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I'm new here so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm having problems recovering an old email I sent to myself years ago. I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow extract the original file I sent to myself that was an audio file, not sure if it was mp3 or wav. When I open the email there is no file or subject to the email present (I have attached a screenshot)

I'm hoping there is some way to recover with maybe an app or something. Any advice would be helpful thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Cole

Cole

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I'm using Android and the email was sent from Hotmail to Gmail. I can find the email in my inbox or sent box there is just nothing to open or even see. I can use a computer if needed but I'm not very skilled in software or programs.

3. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome Cole. I'd try logging in to both your Hotmail and Gmail accounts using a computer.

Seth Anthony likes this.
  4. Cole

Cole

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Yeah I have tried that and it still isn't showing up. I just think if there actually was a file at some point, there might be a way to recover it. But I may be wrong.

5. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I'm not familiar with that screen shot. I don't see where it shows there is an attachment.

6. Cole

Cole

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Are you talking about the email in the screenshot I attached? Nothing is showing up in the email that's the problem. Are you able to see the screenshot itself?

7. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I was referring to the screenshot you sent. I did see the screenshot. It don't see any indication there's an attachment. However, I'm not familiar with whatever software you are using. Try sending an email with an attachment to yourself. Then check your software to get a similar notice like the one you showed in your screen shot. Is there an indication of an attachment of the email you just sent yourself?

8. Seth Anthony

Seth Anthony Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Modified Texas Instruments calculator
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    Further to what Tony said, post a screen of that email from a computer and not a mobile device.

9. Cole

Cole

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I think the problem is either it was too long ago or it just didn't send at the time. Because there are other emails where the audio actually works and there is an attachment. I just thought there must be something in the email, that somehow disappeared because there's nothing there. On a computer it does the same thing. Here are a couple screenshots to show you what I mean. They are both of the same email the other one is after I click on those three dots.

Attached Files:

10. Cole

Cole

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I might just have to accept the fact that it is lost. It was a song I recorded and other ones do play just not that one

11. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    On that second screen shot, click on the three horizontal dots at the bottom. Does it reveal anything?

12. Cole

Cole

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    No nothing else just what you see in the other screenshot. The second screenshot I posted shows what it revealed