1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Random Pc Problem

Discussion in 'Specific Hardware Issues' started by MichelleM, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MichelleM

MichelleM

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Good Evening, I really need some advise with my computer. Gigabyte H61M-S1 Series Motherboard, Intel Celeron G1610-2.60GHZ 2MB Cache SKT 1155, Jetram 2 GB DDR3-1333MHZ Single Sided Module, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 72000 RPM SATA3 16MB, Gigabyte M1-in-1 Matx Chassis, Liteon 24x Super all-Write (SATA) Drive, 450 Power Supply My power supply blew and I replace it with a new one, then the computer worked fine, one morning still busy on computer it went al the colours on the screen and just switch off the whole pc, I check everything motherboad, power supply put the computer on screen light go on and pc off again somebody say its the Vga port doesn't look like anything wrong with it you hear the power supply working, what can be the problem. Please Help

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome to Computer Help Forums.

Since you seem to think it's a video problem, can you try using your computer with another monitor?

When you boot it, can you hear the hard drive spin up?

What do you see on the screen as it's booting?

3. MichelleM

MichelleM

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Good evening tony d thank you, I don't have a video card, I hear the hard drive spin up you also see the computer lights flash, the screen go on and then just black then the computer turn off totally but the green light on screen is still on. I tried another monitor same thing happend

4. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Could be the board and/or processor. What happens if you remove the RAM?

5. MichelleM

MichelleM

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Good Day, I did clean the processor but I did not put the paste in between, somebody did check that and did put the paste on. So maybe that could be the problem, did not take out the ram but I will do all this and come back to you thank you so much for helping its highly appreciated

6. MichelleM

MichelleM

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Good Day Tony D, I took another tower put my main hard drive in it boot up the monitor screen goes on but that's all that happened, from both pc you can hear the drive, power supply everything that must run. I then took my hard drive put it in a external drive and plug it into a laptop, the laptop did pick it up as new hardware installed and I could go into all the files and programs of this hard drive. I'm out of options