1. All galleries have been imported into the new Gallery. This forum is now a read only archive. Please use the gallery to upload new photos and create new albums.

Link to gallery: Computer Help Forums Gallery.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Photoshop Graphics

Discussion in 'Photo & Graphics Archive' started by DSTM (Dougie), Apr 26, 2011.

1. bob12a

bob12a Senior Member

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    MEDIONPC MS-7204
    CPU:
    3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium D 16 kilobyte primary memory cache 1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Memory:
    3072 Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'A0' has 512 MB Slot 'A1' has 512 MB Slot 'A2' has 512 MB Sl
    Hard Drive:
    910.14 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity 376.83 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
    Power Supply:
    NVIDIA GeForce 6700 XL [Display adapter] Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (22.0"vis, s/n HS2P405617, A
    I think I am with you Dougie you only want me to reply sorry for not understanding please go ahead and tidy up as you see fit

2. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Thanks Frank, though I don't have the full Photo Shop, (I do have Photo shop elements 8) A long time ago I got as a bundle with some camera software a very early version of Arc Softs PhotoImpression 3, As I say an early version.

However this software also works in layers and like a lot of folk, I found at first that working in layers was a bit of a difficult thing to grasp the full concept, and how useful the layers can be. Even in that early software, you can go back to a previous layer and alter it if needed.

It seems a common thing with any one new to graphical manipulation that some can find it difficult to understand the fact that you are working in layers, each new layer being on top of the previous and right down to the original starting image as Frank has shown above.

So, any explanation and help in understanding layers, how they work, and how they can be used, not only in Photoshop but any other graphics program that uses layers, further tutorials on their use are always welcome. So thanks once again Frank.

Nev.