1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Outlook Sync to Android (HTC)

Discussion in 'Android Phones & Tablets' started by Gareth, May 4, 2015.

1. Gareth

Gareth

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this is posted in the wrong place - please do re-direct if this is the case.

I am having an issue syncing my business e-mail account (I use Outlook 2013) with my mobile phone (android).

There is no issue with incoming mail, but when I send from my mobile it doesn't shown in my sent folder on my laptop. Likewise, when I send an email on my laptop it doesn't show as a sent item on my phone.

Doing my research, I have configured using IMAP - but still no joy re: sent items.

Also, when I read an email on my moIle phone, it shows as not being opened/read on my laptop.

All very frustrating - am hoping someone can help!

Thanks in advance,
    Gareth

2. Rich M

Rich M Guest

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    CPU:
    Intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz
    Memory:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133
    Hard Drive:
    Crucial 256 Gb SSD+ WD Raptor 300 Gb Sata III
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R9 280 2GB HDMI
    Power Supply:
    Seasonic 750 watt
    The idea behind imap is to leave the email on your server so you can access it from other pc's, As for synching sent files, I see no way that can happen unless all machines access the exact same files, not files left on the server. The email store would heave to be centralized and all machines would have to access the same files.

3. hTconeM9user

hTconeM9user Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-522-282T now running windows 10 x64 Home (build 1607.222)
    Memory:
    4096MB RAM
    Hard Drive:
    See about me
    Graphics Card:
    Graphics Card Intel(R) HD Graphics Version=10.18.10.4242
    Power Supply:
    Mains with Battery
    On my htc my e-mail can be read and sent and works fine with my laptop when I sent my phone up it asked me did I want to syncho my outlook email account I pressed yes and now even if I am out I can send and receive my e-mails and delete them and use all the folders. i do it via wifi and mobile data

4. BSchwarz

BSchwarz Guest

You could try to recreate the account. It sounds like you missed a step when you originally set it up.

You could also check your sync settings for the account. Maybe you don't have it set to sync folders. This will not be set by default. I don't know why, but, every time I've setup an Outlook account on Android it sets calendar and contacts to sync, but, not the folder. Lastly check that you have push enabled.

5. hTconeM9user

hTconeM9user Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-522-282T now running windows 10 x64 Home (build 1607.222)
    Memory:
    4096MB RAM
    Hard Drive:
    See about me
    Graphics Card:
    Graphics Card Intel(R) HD Graphics Version=10.18.10.4242
    Power Supply:
    Mains with Battery
    On my hTc mine was set for me as soon as I updated it and got everything up and running both gmail and Hotmail started ending my e-mails though so cant understand why the posters has not. even fb and one drive and gallery are all set to each other, wonder what htc model he has mine is the one m9 but did the same on my m8