1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Notification Icons

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BGBG, Apr 14, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Is there a suggestion as to what icons should appear in notification area? There are lots in there I do not know where came from. Suddenly appeared. Maybe I set it to show them; not sure. But I wondered if they all need to be there and which need to be shown or hidden, or is it simply the choice of the user. I set it to hide the ones I do not recall as showing up regularly, like ever time PC is on. And there is an arrow next to the icons that let me Show Hidden Icons, and I also know where to choose to show or hide if I wish.

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    It's a subjective choice. Each user's opinion will vary.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    The power icon and the volume icon are OFF in customize>Turn system icons on or off, and they are grayed out so I cannot tun them on. How can I turn these icons on? The icons in notification area used to be there all the time - nor they show up sometimes and do not at other times and different ones show. I have not messed with this and do not know why they are not all there all the time as before, but how do I make them become active? Maybe a restart will do it? I am trying to adjust the behaviors so the ones I want will show.

4. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Do not use Windows that often yet if I remember correctly.

Bottom left of that window should be a Restore Default Icon Behaviors. have you clicked that?
    Might also look under Customize Notification Icons. See if there is anything there that may help.

5. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Try clicking on the "Restore default icon behaviors" button.

6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I finally just checked to show all icons and notification. But some do not show until they are active, it says.