1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

My PC is stuck at motherboard screen

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by Mateus Pereira, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Mateus Pereira

Mateus Pereira

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    I have three HDs at my computer: one with Windows system, other with Mac OS and another with Linux.
    Yesterday, I attempted to format my other HD to install Kali Linux, and everything was successful, but when I restarted, it stuck to motherboard screen and didn't load up BIOS. It only loads when everything is disconnected and only the keyboard, the power and the HDMI are plugged. After that, I can connect step by step the mouse, and the other stuff without problem, but when I connect two HDs, It just stuck again and I can't even access BIOS, making me start again by just three things connected. Very weird, huh? After doing the process of connecting one thing at a time and not being stuck again, I can only boot directly by BIOS, it just don't follow the boot order and stuck again. Anyone can help me or at least say something that can help? Because I don't have hardware knowledge, and I would like if somebody can at least try to give me some help. Thanks. If you want more info or something doesn't make sense, ask me down below.
    PS: there are some Ubuntu partitions on bios that didn't disappear after erasing its disk, still appearing there no matter if I disconnect the disk or not. Now I reinstalled Ubuntu system, they are still there and if I connect two HDDs it will stuck again, needing me to restart everything again.
    PC specs:
    Processor: i7 4790
    Motherboard: H81M-CS/BR
    RAM: 8GB
    HDD: 3 hard drives, one with windows 10, another with Mac OS High Sierra, and the other with Ubuntu (now, after I formatted and deleted Kali Linux after everything went wrong).
    Video Card: GeForce GTX 1050 ti

2. Seth Anthony

Seth Anthony Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Modified Texas Instruments calculator
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    Try disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot. You may have to change the boot order after that.

If that doesn't help, just connect the Windows drive and see what happens.

EDIT: Sorry IJAC, I edited my post to suggest trying just the Windows drive before I saw your post.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  3. IJAC

IJAC Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    I have a Asus prime Z270A MB
    CPU:
    Intel i5 Quad core
    Memory:
    Rip Jaw 32 GB
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung Evo 500 GB SS
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R7 260X/360
    Power Supply:
    750 Watt Corsair
    I would also try one HD at a time to see if anything happens.

4. Mateus Pereira

Mateus Pereira

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    I sent my PC to assistance, since Oct 16 and they didn't find the problem yet. Still waiting here