1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Multiple Monitors Issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by meister14, Jun 23, 2010.

1. meister14

meister14

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Hey.. I am having a problem. I have two monitors set up. One is a wacom 22" and the other is a 52" LCD. I am running on a windows xp system. I have it set on mirror (cloned) screen so that I can see what I am writing on the big screen. However, I want to switch to extended monitor. I want to be able to swtich back and forth. The problem is that when I do switch back and forth the screen resolution changes. So I have to go in and change the screen resolution every time. Is there a way for setting the screen resolution so it doesn't automatically change? If there is a program that will allow me to do that that would be fine too ...Thanks.

2. Dalo Harkin

Dalo Harkin Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS - are there any others worth buying?
    CPU:
    Q6600 at 4.0Ghz per core (Watercooled)
    Memory:
    OCZ PC8500 4x1GB sticks
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung - all the way
    Graphics Card:
    XFX 260GTX rev 1
    Power Supply:
    Seasonic 600Watt
    The best programs to use is called UltraMon, there are lots of customisable options and its a great piece of kit (use it myself :) )

Are you using the built in windows program to manage the connections or your GPU driver software from ATI/NVIDIA?