1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving favorites/bookmarks

Discussion in 'Browser Issues' started by Tony Loly, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Tony Loly

Tony Loly Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I am having a new computer delivered this week & one of many problems will be moving all my favs to the new PC. Is there an easy way to do this? They are stored in each of IE, firefox & Chrome, the old pc is windows 7 the new one is of course windows 10.

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I regularly backup all my FF bookmarks.
    FF: click on Bookmarks then Show all Bookmarks. Select Import and Backup. Export Backups to HTML.

When you are on a different computer, click on Bookmarks, show all bookmarks, select Import and Backup but this time choose Import Backups from HTML.

Seth Anthony likes this.
  3. Tony Loly

Tony Loly Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Thank you very much...most helpful

4. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    The Internet Explorer favorites are stored in your computer account in the same areas as Documents, Pictures, etc. It's a folder called Favorites. Copy that folder to the same place in your new computer. You can replace the folder that W10 will have created when you set up the machine.

For Chrome, you're going to have to Export from the old computer and Import into the new computer.

Seth Anthony likes this.