1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Security Essentials

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BGBG, Sep 6, 2019.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I started a quick scan this morning while installing updates for had not been scanned in a while. Then it must have gone to sleep for 6 hours later it had stopped the scan. Does computer have to remain on while a scan is being completed? This seems to suggest such. I have it set to go to sleep after certain amount of time and nowhere near long enough for a scan to finish.

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    How soon before your computer hard drive goes to sleep?
    Did you actually try to scan while you were updating? You should allow the updates then when they are finished, scan.
    A quick scan takes under 1/2 hour on my computer. I haven't scanned in awhile so I started a scan while I was replying to posts here and looking at another forum.

Go into settings and see what is selected. My scan takes longer because the % devoted to it is low. If you want it faster, move the % up to 80% or 90%.
    MSSE_settings.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    It was 10 minutes but I changed it to never for now. I usually scan once avery week or two. I am not much of a settings person and do not understand them much. Only as need arises.