1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft embraces Linux -- way too late

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Rustys, May 7, 2016.

1. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Hard Drive:
    Yes
    Graphics Card:
    4 D
    Power Supply:
    Solar
  2. IceMan37

IceMan37 Banned

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    MSI Z87M-G43
    CPU:
    I5 4690k @ 4.6
    Memory:
    16GB Hyper X 1866
    Hard Drive:
    1TB WD_Blue | 240Gb Sandosk SSD
    Graphics Card:
    eVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Power Supply:
    750W Tt
    Interesting that I had also read that news earlier today probably because I am always reading Linux news. Also it's true they are very late with this. I can forsee a few Linux Distros incorporating the rverse of this and that would be the Linux Distro adoption of MS code sanboxed and doing what WINE does but doing it correctly and making Windows as we know it obsolete and instead of Windows being the primary OS around the globe it would be many Linux Distros with the adoption of MS hardware code (DX etc) using Direct X for the gamers. That is really the only roadblock. Gaming.

3. oweaponx

oweaponx

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    This is very interesting.

I do a lot of video work, and none of the programs I use run well in Linux, even using WINE. There's some good stuff, and I recently downloaded Blender, which looks promising.

Plus, I tried using the WINE IE, and there's some stuff that one of the companies I contract in that will only run in IE, in Windows, so if this could work, I would probably be exclusively on Linux...though maybe I'd start to look at some other OS. ;]