1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Microphone Help

Discussion in 'Specific Hardware Issues' started by Leslie, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Leslie

Leslie

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    I have a Dell Microsoft computer running Windows 10. This week I lost my internet connection, and it was determined that my modem needed replacement. Once the tech person came and replaced it, it's just been like Whack a Mole trying to get things back to normal. I've solved everything but my microphone. Once everything started with Zoom this year, I pulled out my microphone, which I hadn't been using, plugged it in, and everything worked perfectly. Since the new modem was installed, it no longer works. I can't unmute it, nor can I speak through it. When I do a test, I get the message that they can't find the device. It's definitely plugged in just as before, in fact I never unplugged it. Does anyone have a solution?

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome Leslie, Changing out the modem should have had no effect on the mic.

I know you said that you hadn't changed anything, but please recheck to ensure that the microphone is in the correct connector on your computer. If it's a round pin type, and if there are colors on the headphone and microphone jacks, the mic would go in the pink connector.

allheart55 (Cindy E) and IJAC like this.
  3. IJAC

IJAC Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    I have a Asus prime Z270A MB
    CPU:
    Intel i5 Quad core
    Memory:
    Rip Jaw 32 GB
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung Evo 500 GB SS
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R7 260X/360
    Power Supply:
    750 Watt Corsair
    I would also check to see if there were any windows updates also. You never know what the updates can wreck.

allheart55 (Cindy E) and Tony D like this.