1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Mail Programs

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Dec 28, 2017.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I know I have been advised to use web mail and forget Windows live mail and Outlook Express but I find them convenient. I do have gmail and Verizon aol mail on web mail on both laptops and do use them. I had gmail and Verizon aol mail on windows live mail awhile and Verizon mail on OE6 until it stopped because i had no time to mess with updating setting. Well , now I had time, and was able to copy from Windows Live Mail accounts and along with a bit of trial and error I got both mail accounts to work on OE6 so now I have web mail and i am back like I was on WLM and OE6. Maybe they are insecure and clutter up PC but I do not save or store lots of mail and do not have vital security information on them like bank accounts, financial documents, etc. So while I do not think I am invulnerable I am happy this way.
    Have more time now to get back to computing. Also have a Thunderbird g mail account.

2. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    I prefer an email client too rather than web mail, Bill.
    I like the convenience of being able to access my mail from my desktop.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I am glad to see someone else considers this an advantage. I use both web and client but am happy to have the client working again. And with one more account than before.

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.