1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

lenovo - g570 - boot only on battery

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by lenovolenovog750, Aug 31, 2018.

1. lenovolenovog750

lenovolenovog750

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    My laptop is an old 2009 lenovo g570, windows 10 os, 6GB DDR3 Ram.
    The problem is that suddenly the laptop wont boot on ! If i unplug the power cable and press the power button it will turn on smoothly and then when it turn completely on, if i plug the cable back the battery will charge and everything will work fine !
    I can restart the laptop 100 times with no problem at all.
    Once i shut it down, it wont turn on without doing the process i described before.
    I did that for approximately 10 times until yesterday when i tried to turn it on using the same method it showed no life at all.
    I tried the following:
    1- (hard reset) Unplug the power cable and the battery press the power button for 30 sec then for 1 minutes then 2 minutes .
    2- Disassembly and assembly laptop parts ( RAMs , HDD, DVDr, Keyboard, Mousepad, fan) (try to boot it at every changing)
    3- changing charger

NB: battery is original and it has good life time (3 hours)

The challenge is that today i tried to unplug the power cable and the battery and then put the battery back, pressed the power button -> no life , then plug the power cable for 2 second and then unplugged it and press the power button -> laptop turned on normally.

I tried to turn off the router and boot it up in the same method but its not working at all now

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome.

One thing to try please - hold the Shift key when you shut down the computer. That forces Windows to do a full shutdown. See if it starts back up.

3. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    1. Which fan?

If you are not using an OEM charger you the chance of ruining the system. Some of the over the counter ones are made with inferior parts and poorly made.

Does this happen if the battery is removed and if it is just connected to the power?

Gently wiggle the connector that plugs into the back of the system does it feel loose?