1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Left Tray Icons

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BGBG, Sep 19, 2020.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Can I just right click the icons and delete the ones I decide I do not need there? I want to remove a number of tem as suggested in a previous thread.

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Yes, the ones on the left side of the Taskbar can be safely deleted. They are merely shortcuts. If you right-click on them, a context menu will appear. Click on the Unpin from taskbar option.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I now have only 14 shortcut icons in the left tray. If remove from tray where is best place to put them for easy access? I thought them handy at first but now reealize I d not use many of them very often so thought I would cut down the clutter. I found many were on the Start Menu also so I did not unpin but deleted them and they were still on Start Menu. Sometimes there is an UNPIN option, other times only DELETE.

4. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    People put things in the taskbar for quick access. Maybe make a folder on the desktop and put some of those items in that folder. It's a user preference.