1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Keyboard probs.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by john hughes, Sep 16, 2022.

1. john hughes

john hughes Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home
    Hello . Can anyone put me right. I have a samsung laptop with a new installed win 7 64bit operating system. I have just purchased a new keyboard. The original keyboard was a samsung notebook NP_RV510 A09uk but some of the keys are missing. That keyboard worked fine. I could only buy a new keyboard which was described as an RV510. After fitting it in the keyboard did not work properly. As an example if i enter Q key i get zaq. If i enter p i get +p. If i enter a i get zaq etc. Some keys work fine. I have tried to change the keyboard settings by reinstalling the driver, changing the settings in ease of access etc. I have also tried software such as Key Tweak but this did not work! Is there any way to remap the keyboard either by using existing win 7 settings or using a third party software download to rearrange the keys in the right order?
    Thank you for your help.

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    If the hardware is wrong (substituting RV510 for NP_RV510), I suspect software isn't going to fix it.

What happens using the onscreen keyboard?
    What happens when using an external USB or bluetooth keyboard?

3. john hughes

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home
    Hello plodr. Thank you for the reply. I have tried the onscreen keyboard and that works ok(but a bit slow)! I do not have an external usb keyboard but i have been thinking about getting on. I would find it easier to type with an external usb keyboard that an onscreen version.

4. plodr

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Use the onscreen keyboard, just for the missing keys, while you return the non-working replacement you bought. Then buy a USB keyboard.

5. john hughes

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home
    Hello. You are quite right. I will get a usb keyboard. Thank you for your help.

6. plodr

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    You're welcome.