1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with new Nvidia driver version 364.47

Discussion in 'Graphics - GPU' started by GimboV, Mar 11, 2016.

1. GimboV

GimboV Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Asus X99 Deluxe
    CPU:
    I7 5930K oc'd to 4.4ghz
    Memory:
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 2800mhz
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung 850 pro 256GB Seagate Hybrid 2TB
    Graphics Card:
    EVGA Nvidia 970 4GB GDDR5
    Power Supply:
    Corsair HX1000I
  2. Rich M

Rich M Guest

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    CPU:
    Intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz
    Memory:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133
    Hard Drive:
    Crucial 256 Gb SSD+ WD Raptor 300 Gb Sata III
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R9 280 2GB HDMI
    Power Supply:
    Seasonic 750 watt
    That's one of the reasons I never upgrade video driver unless there is a problem I know the upgrade fixes.

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Yep....same goes for the Killer NIC....just because the vendor updates it drivers doesn't mean you should. I always stick with what my mobo runs with. Recently there was an Audio driver update listed....so I grabbed that.

4. IceMan37

IceMan37 Banned

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    MSI Z87M-G43
    CPU:
    I5 4690k @ 4.6
    Memory:
    16GB Hyper X 1866
    Hard Drive:
    1TB WD_Blue | 240Gb Sandosk SSD
    Graphics Card:
    eVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Power Supply:
    750W Tt
    Yep that is the gamers rule. Never update unless you have to because one "fix" can also cause two other things to break, and though they may be small things like lines in a certain when using 16X AF in a certain game, or slight FPS drop when using MSI afterburner when gaming, it always pays to stay a few versions back from the latest release, unless that realse has a very specific, viable, and important update you really have to have.

5. GimboV

GimboV Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Asus X99 Deluxe
    CPU:
    I7 5930K oc'd to 4.4ghz
    Memory:
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 2800mhz
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung 850 pro 256GB Seagate Hybrid 2TB
    Graphics Card:
    EVGA Nvidia 970 4GB GDDR5
    Power Supply:
    Corsair HX1000I
    Well the new version usually addresses new games. You can use old drivers but may not get the best performance without the game specific updated driver.

6. donetao

donetao Banned

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Hi Gimbo! Here's a good guide For that!;)
    "If you either built your own PC or loaded a fresh version of Windows, you’re currently using the Microsoft-approved drivers included in Windows, which aren’t always going to be the fastest choice, especially if you have a real video card. This is a scenario in which you’ll want to update these drivers:"

• Video Card: The difference in speed between the generic Windows drivers for your video card and the official NVidia or ATI/AMDdrivers will surprise you. Even if you aren’t a gamer, make sure you have the real drivers.
    • Motherboard/Chipset: you’ll want to make sure to head to the manufacturer’s site and grab their chipset drivers. If you bought a PC, head to their site, if you built one, go to the motherboard manufacturer’s site. Every installer is different, but in general, you can just run the downloaded driver.
    • Sound Card:the native Windows drivers won’t include all the extra sound features like virtual surround, etc. If you bought a PC, head to their site, if you built one, either go to the motherboard manufacturer’s site for onboard sound, or the sound card manufacturer’s web site otherwise.
    • Network Card: most likely you’re using some type of onboard card that’s part of the motherboard, and you already grabbed the drivers from there.
    If you’re a gamer, you’ll probably want to make sure to keep your video card drivers updated regularly.

7. IceMan37

IceMan37 Banned

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    MSI Z87M-G43
    CPU:
    I5 4690k @ 4.6
    Memory:
    16GB Hyper X 1866
    Hard Drive:
    1TB WD_Blue | 240Gb Sandosk SSD
    Graphics Card:
    eVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Power Supply:
    750W Tt
    I think Gimbo was pretty much right you only update of the driver you have isn't working well with a specific game or if you really need it for a specific game. I use to subscribe to using the very latest driver about 5 years ago but since I play many games I need a driver that is widely compatible with all of them, or at least all the ones I am currently playing. Currently nVidia realeases drivers in the last stages of beta as public release they have been doing that for some time now and what was before the "real" final release now shows up in a later driver version altogether. I do update to the latest if the benefit is significant in the game I most play.

donetao likes this.