1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Invisible background on highlighted text?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by OurJud, Jul 26, 2020.

1. OurJud

OurJud Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I downloaded some virus software earlier today, and despite opting out of all the 'extras' and other rubbish bundled with the software, it installed them anyway and changed my whole desktop theme.

Anyway, after hours of faffing around in the personalisation settings I got it back to something like I had before, but I've now noticed when I select a body of text on this and some other websites (although not all), the highlight colour is the same as the background (in the case of here, white), essentially rendering it invisible and meaning I don't know what text I've selected.

Do any dinosaurs still using Windows 7 like me happen to know what I need to change in the personalisation settings to get a contrasting colour?

I'm using latest Firefox browser.

2. IJAC

IJAC Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    I have a Asus prime Z270A MB
    CPU:
    Intel i5 Quad core
    Memory:
    Rip Jaw 32 GB
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung Evo 500 GB SS
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R7 260X/360
    Power Supply:
    750 Watt Corsair
    You could possibly do a system restore to the point before you installed that software. Also there is a program I use on windows called uncheckey it unchecks those boxes on most of that crap ware. These days you really need to be careful where you down load stuff from there is a lot of junk software around. The reason I suggested a system restore is is may be easier than finding all the settings you need to change. If you could take a screenshot also that may help us understand better also.

starbuck, Seth Anthony and Tony D like this.
  3. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    What did you download? There are a lot of bogus products out there!
    Where did you download it from? There are a lot of sites you should avoid downloading anything from!

4. Seth Anthony

Seth Anthony Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Modified Texas Instruments calculator
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    Ditto on on trying System Restore for the exact reason IJAC mentioned.