1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

installing program from CD disc with no CD reader

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Donna Tonelli, May 1, 2021.

1. Donna Tonelli

Donna Tonelli

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Have an old Adobe Photo Deluxe program Works with Windows 10...I love! want to install on new laptop which doesn't have a disc reader. Can I transfer install to SD card?

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hi Donna and welcome, It won't hurt to copy the contents of the CD onto an SD card to see if it'll install. It may and it may not work. There may be hidden files on the CD that are needed to do the install. So before copying the files, make sure to show hidden files. To show Hidden files, go to the View tab in the File Explorer and put a check mark in the Hidden items box in the Show/Hide section.

3. Digerati

Digerati Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    I might suggest getting an external USB DVD drive. This will making installing from the disk easy with no worries about hidden files, converting formats, or transferring to other medias first. It will also be handy in the future for other installations, or to watch a DVD, listen to a CD or whatever.

allheart55 (Cindy E) and IJAC like this.
  4. Donna Tonelli

Donna Tonelli

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Thank you both for your advice. Ordered external CD/DVD drive. Seems easiest and not very expense