1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Initialized HDD

Discussion in 'Backup and Recovery' started by Pesi, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Pesi

Pesi Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    A few days ago, I was trying to extract some data from a HDD. Unfortunately, I mistakenly clicked on "initialized disk" when it prompted me, so it wiped the HDD.

So I did some recovery with EaseUS and it found about 2,700 files, or 93GB worth of files (the HDD in question has a capacity of 230GB, and about 200GB was packed with data). So I tried Recuva and it only recovered half of that amount.

While I'm not completely tech-illiterate :))) but I don't know much about data recovery. I was hoping to get some advice on whether all hopes is lost or is there some alternative software (preferably free, but willing to pay for a license to use something that works) for DR that I should consider?

2. Seth Anthony

Seth Anthony Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Modified Texas Instruments calculator
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    Both EaseUS and Recuva are excellent DR programs.

With Recuva, did you use the deep scan and what files did you select to search for?

3. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    No FREE Data Recovery software,that I am aware of will recover ALL files.
    And I have tried most.
    I now have the paid version of EaseUS Data recovery, and have recovered all files off the Hard Drive,
    when I accidentally deleted all my photos, and this program recovered every one, for me.

4. Pesi

Pesi Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Yep, tried it with deep scan. I had it search for all type of files.

Ah, that's good to know. I had a free scan with EaseUS which looked promising, it recovered about 100GB worth of data, but to restore it I had to buy a paid version. I was reluctant at first until I know whether it's worth it or not. Thanks!