1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Import Pictures and Videos

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by BGBG, Dec 7, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    There is something on my Windows 7 64bit laptop that when I plug in a USB drive it says Import Pictures and Videos, and unless I set it not to it shows the files on device. I tried to access or locate this program but could not find such. Is anyone familiar with this enough to know how to locate it? And I set it not to show and now a box saying No New Pictures Found OnThis Device even though they still are, and if click OK the box and device box disappears leving no way to set it to show again.

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    What file format are the photos on the USB drive?

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Photos are JPG. And others are web shortcuts. USB is a Sony CE 4GB Microvault

4. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Graphics Card:
    4 D
    Power Supply:
    Solar
    It is built into windows and is called the Autoplay.
    Really not the best thing to have active since it can also run program automatically and if that drive is infected you take the chance of infecting that entire computer and vice versa.

upload_2018-12-8_9-56-5.jpeg

Not in front of a Windows system at the moment, will post instructions tonight. Unless some else can.

Tony D likes this.
  5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I do not use this USB often or at all and the files are not needed not important, but just added as temporary so did not lose them at the moment even if If plan to delete them anyway. But I NEVER liked this autoplay box coming up to import pictures every time I plug in some USB device. Would like to stop it as well as much of this automatic stuff and learn how to have things ONLY when I want them to.
    And also, I like to go to History and Clear Recent History every day, and Clear Now, and have all boxes checked EXCEPT Active Logins. I find often my login for this site asks me to login again even if I have Keep Me Logged In or whatever it says checked. Somehow it is losing my login without my realizing it and I wonder if clearing history could do this even if I do NOT check the Active Login box? Or if it is some other reason. Any idea? Would like to know. It is easy to log back in but do not know why it does not remember me when I say to.
    I found Autoplay in Control Panel and all say Ask Me Every Time except the Import Pictures.Perhaps I will change it to Ask Me.
    I started working with importing digital camera pictures once and that may have changed this setting, and it was frankly beginning to annoy me anyway.

6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Changed it to Ask Me.