1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Hp Pavilion 570-p013wb S/N CNV7190J8W

Discussion in 'BSOD, App Crashes and Hangs' started by Lastnotleast76, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Lastnotleast76

Lastnotleast76

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Getting a black screen with 2 long beeps then 2 higher pitch short beeps. What I have read says could be bios issue could be ram issue could be both. The problem is ant boot anything up to do any type of diagnostic. Have tried the f2 and f10 on start up and nothing.

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome,

This document from HP talks about beep codes. Your code is not listed, but there is a link in there telling you how do determine which motherboard you have and how to look up the beep code for that board. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

Most of the time beep codes are due to faulty RAM. You'll need to open the computer case and look for RAM modules. Hopefully there will be two RAM modules. Remove power from the computer. Remove one of the RAM modules. Apply power to the computer and see if it powers up. If it doesn't, remove power, insert the module you just pulled and remove the other module. Apply power and see if it powers up.

Caution: You need to be careful to not create any electro-static electricity.

3. Lastnotleast76

Lastnotleast76

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Thanks for the help.I think you are right on the ram suggestion I found out there was no ram in the tower... My son forgot he took it out to see if it would fit in his new computer. It won't fit and ram is now M. I. A. got some ordered from ebay to try to see if that will get it running. Now I'm worried what else could be missing or even Unhooked

4. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    That's funny.
    Check to see if the hard drive is still in there.

allheart55 (Cindy E) and plodr like this.
: HP Pavilion