1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Remove Contacts From List Under "COMPOSE" in gmail?

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Feb 6, 2020.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I have contacts email addresses under compose that are not valid and I wish to delete them. But I see no option to do this. How can I remove them so do not accidentally use and get the mail returned???? If I type a letter into "TO" then it shows a list of possible contacts. I want to remove the ones that are not valid anymore.

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Where do you see this? In other words are you using webmail and if so, what? If you are using an email program, what and the version?

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Using google chrome and web gmail - mail.google.com My brother used to have other emails and when I click COMPOSE and letter form appears with a TO and SUBJECT box. When I type a letter in the TO box a list of email contacts with that letter show up and I click the one I wish to send to. But I have some that are not used any more yet I can so far find no way to delete them from list. I was wondering if anyone knew how. I must admit I have not speent lots of time looking but there must be a way to delete those I do not want anymore and are non-active anyway.

4. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Funny - now I sent 3 emails to 3 different addresses and now the contacts are NOT added to list. Unsure why. But I will follow your advice and see if I can learn more about this.

This is complicated. No time for it now. But I did get far enough to delete 3 contacts that I did not want.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020