1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

How Can I Get More Volume

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by CarolsSis, Jul 15, 2012.

1. CarolsSis

CarolsSis Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Enterprise
    Acer Aspire laptop, Vista home premium, can barely hear lots of things. Test in sound is very good, but a high pitch is easy for me to hear. is there a way to increase the volume overall? Thanks

2. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    The Acer Aspire notebooks are not known for great quality speakers overall but there's something I found that helps significantly with this problem.
    Right click on the Volume icon in system tray. Select Playback Devices. Select the Speakers icon and click Properties. Select the Enhancements tab. Scroll
    down to Loudness Equalization and check the box. Click Apply. See screenshots below. Yours may look slightly different in Vista...

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      57.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      67.1 KB
      Views:
  3. BeeCeeBee

BeeCeeBee ADMINISTRATOR IN MEMORY

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Lets be honest, while allheart's suggestion will help give you optimum sound performance on your laptop, optimum just isn't very much. Unless you have a special package with your laptop the speakers are normally pretty poor. If you are using the machine to play music or video at home even a cheap pair of external speakers will will improve your volume issues enormously. From there you can spend what you want to increase the quality.

But if the only issue is volume, you will need something more than laptop speakers.

4. CarolsSis

CarolsSis Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Enterprise
    Allheart55, thanks for the tip, little different way to get there, but I've tried it. I like to listen to music now and then. Be nice to hear it better. Thanks for the tip on the quality of speakers, BeeCeeBee, didn't think they'd be high quality, just wanted more volume, not woofers, tweeters and mid ranges.
    There is another properties, on output, choices are of places, parking lot, living room, such silly names of choices. Have wasted much time trying all those to no discernable difference. Thanks for the help.