1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Carol, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Carol

Carol

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    I am a new member.need help please with my Seagate Expansion hard drive.some pictures i have on it not showing up

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and Welcome,

Are we talking about an externally-connected USB hard drive? If so, what is its storage capacity?

Do some items show up on that drive but others don't? If so, have you checked in the Recycle Bin?

Where do you think these photos should be? What folder/directory?

3. Carol

Carol

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Hi Tony.
    i am sending some screen shots fbf93e6117205e0253dade9a314550c2.png
    i work a lot in paint shop pro 9 making tags.some images show up some don't.this only happened a few days a go.
    the ones i can't open i see this psd file 0e86518ab744315e8588a0bce204b72e.png when i try to open it in psp i get this 00d5d68fbd295c8ee469fd04c68b4aa7.png

yes checked in the Recycle Bin nothing there. the file above is in a folder called poser tubes.i have family photos in a other folder doing the same.thing.i did a system restore no good.did a virus check all ok . not sure why they are showing up like this.so i hope you can help me please.

4. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  5. Carol

Carol

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Hi i clicked on the link you sent me.where do i click on to down load it? and which one.sorry not to great at computer talk

6. Carol

Carol

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    for got to say some are in png and jpg and as well that won't open

7. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Are these all in the same folder? That maybe a reason why.
    Never save them as PSD. That's only if you want to come back and edit more.
    Save them in one of the many options available.
    Early am here, Carol.
    Be back tomorrow. Maybe another Techie can help in the immediate.

8. Carol

Carol

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    yes there all in the same folder.the psd is in layers to work with in psp.the jpg is images of that tube
    here is a example this one i can see the images in others no i can't .where is says Belle that should be a picture not as i sent above . i buy my tubes from here and when i down load them it saved them all the same way.i have been buying tubes from that site for over 5 years now and i have had no problem up until a few days a go. any pictures i have on my computer open up ok.it's just ones in my HD 0e4826eb3647c622d384e5563eb21e9d.png

9. PseFrank

PseFrank Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hello Carol, I'm not sure if the other guys are around at the moment, so here's some suggestions.

For a start I would suggest that you copy all of the files from your external drive to a folder on an internal drive. You will need 300 GB of spare space (preferably more) to do this, as you should never fill a drive 100%.

Do you have that space spare?
    To check for space on an internal drive you need to go to what used to be called "My Computer" but is now called "This PC". After doing this at least you will have a usable copy of all your files. Be patient, copying the files could take maybe 30 minutes or so. If you are able to, I would suggest purchasing another external drive to put your files on. You cannot have too much storage space, and also this protects your images and files should your C Drive go pop!

With that job done. And the external drive not in use, unplug it from it's existing usb port and try another port on your computer. If you don't see the drive after changing ports, reboot your pc to see if that makes a difference.

Now try and open one of the difficult/problematic files... Can you now open it in Paintshop Pro?

Let us know how you get on with my suggestions.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  10. Carol

Carol

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    where can i find internal drive.i am using window 8.sorry not to great at computer talk..use to have xp and i loved it.till it would not up date any more for me.my kids got me this one..only getting used to it.sorry for being so Dumb.just want my Hd drive back to normal

11. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Try this as it help make your W10 machine look a bit more like XP:
    Right click on the desktop.
    Go to Personalize.
    Go to Themes.
    Change the Desktop icons.
    Put check marks next to the Computer and User Files icons

I'm writing this from memory, so these instructions may not be exact, but I think you'll figure it out.

Once you have the Computer (I think it's called This PC as Frank mentioned) on your desktop, follow his instructions.

Let us know how you make out.

12. PseFrank

PseFrank Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I don't use win 8 or win 10 myself, but I think Tonys spot on with his instruction. The only difference may be that after clicking
    "Personalize", you may already be able to see "Change desktop icons".

The computer icon on your desktop (after you have put it there) will read This PC. And clicking on that will show the drives on your computer, and of
    course how much spare space you have.

Bill likes this.