1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Google

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BGBG, Sep 12, 2022.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    This Google gets more and more complicated and undesirable. It WAS back like it always was. Now it has changed again. I am used to going to settings and deleting browsing history. Now that page does not appear. Also no list. They are soon going to lose me as a user. I think I posted what it used to look like and then it went back to like then, and now it is altogether different again.I dislike returning to a site and each time it is different.
    I used to open browser to DuckDuckGo search, then click 3 dots upper R corner. Then clicked Settings and got a list. Then clicked Privacy and Clear History. Now its a bunch of new choices again. See attached file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  2. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I just tried it and now it looks normal again-cannot figure it out why it keeps looking different. See attached.
    Maybe I had changed page dimensions or something?

Attached Files:

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    NOW I find that if I do a search on google chrome it goes to DuckDuckGo and shows search results but the URL does not show the site. So if I choose a choice and click Go Back it does not return to choices but only back to DuckDuck. This never happened before. Something is changing and I cannot understand it or know how to change it back. But the settings looks like ii used to. I am getting very fed up with whatever changes Google is making. Is there a better browser or search? I hac Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave,and Edge installed but am using Google Chrome and it sems different every day in some undesirable way.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Still happening. I used to search with DuckDuckGo, get a result of many sites, and the URL was the search. Now if I click the back arrow to left of URL it simply goes to a blank search. Used to have the URL that was for the site. Now it just goes back to the search screen. No idea why or what to do.

I just tried it with Google Search. Same thing happens. Click back arrow and instead if the search results it just goes back to the search page. NOT to the search results. Never before happened but it does NOW. What ARE they doing? Trying hard to lose customers or users???????

5. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Well, it is something on your end because it isn't happening to others or I'd be reading posts about it.

Tony D likes this.
  6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I notice when I use Google browser with DuckDuckGo the default search the URL is DuckDuckGo.com. So, when I click the Back arrow it does not return to the search results but to duckduckgo.com, the blank default search page. Why this suddenly is true I do not know and have not had tme to fool around with it.

7. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    FIXED IT ! ! I started Google, started search, R clicked the URL bar and checked the "ALWAYS SHOW FULL URLS", which for some unknown reason had become UNCHECKED. NOW it is back to normal. So Far.

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  8. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Write down what you did on a note card and save it. When you accidentally uncheck something you want and Chrome gets weird, grab the card to see how to fix it.

I have a wooden box filled with alphabetized note cards for problems and solutions. I can't possibly remember all the fixes I've made so those cards keep me from having to spend too much time fixing things over and over.

allheart55 (Cindy E) and Tony D like this.
  9. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    MISTAKE....NOT solved after all. Tried it today and though the URL was complete it still was oly the blank search page and not the search results. I used to search, get the results, then make a shortcut to the results. Now I must RE-DO the search. Never was like that before. First I have to learn HOW to fix it.

Does anyone happen to know how and where to set DuckDuckGo search in Google so once it shows the search results I can save the URL to desktop in a folder using drag/drop or cut/paste and bring up the search results again instead of doing a brand new search, like I had always done before? Used to have the search results page and drag/drop URL to a folder then if I opened it I would have the whole search results page again. Now I have lost that ability.

Now having trouble editing post. Tried 3 times and did not update. Now THAT seems to work.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  10. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Apparently Google has fixed it so website URLs cannot be moved dragged or copied or cut/pasted.