1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail Question

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Aug 22, 2019.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I have gmail and certainly am not an expert. Today I could see only August email in Inbox. But as I created an Orders New Label folder and moved mail to that folder I found that more emails not visible before opened up back through June in the Inbox. I did not know these existed and was wondering since they do exist where they are stored and how to access any old ones that do not show in the Inbox without moving all the rest to New Label folders.

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    If you're using a browser to access your emails, the emails will stay in your Inbox unless you delete or move them to another folder. If you also access your email with an email client such as Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, etc., those email clients "might" remove emails from Google's server. I say "might" because it all depends how you have the email clients set up.

I recommend not using an email client. Just use a browser to access your gmail. Things will be the same no matter what computer you use to access your mail. No muss, no fuss. Keep it simple.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I now use Firefox and Chrome browsers and gmail. Just wondered why emails I had received were still there but I did not know how to access farther back than current page.

4. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Maybe I misunderstood your question. Gmail will display 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, or 100 emails per page. That's a setting that you can change.

So if you're looking for older emails that may not fit on the page you're looking at, click the > sign. This is toward the top right of the page, just to the left of the Settings icon which looks like a gear.

Note: In that upper right area, you'll see which emails are showing. It may say something like "1 of 250". If that's the case and if your settings are set to display 100 emails/page, there will be 3 pages of emails. The first two pages each contain 100 emails. The last page will have the last 50 emails. You then use the < and > button to navigate between pages.

The emails per page setting can be found by clicking on the Gear, and then click on Settings. Under the General tab, it'll be the 3rd item in the list. Click in the drop down menu to select how many emails per page are displayed.

5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    If I am using a Chrome browser AND a Firefox browser and change settings on one do I need to change or at least check them on the other one also? Ran across that issue today when looking at the Chrome settings in gmail.

6. Tony D

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    You don't have to change gmail setting in each browser. Why in the world are you using two different browsers? It just complicates things.

7. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I am using two browsers for the Firefox stopped allowing drag&drop shortcuts which I liked. I found the Google Chrome would allow them. So I use either one depending on what I want to do. I just started using Chrome recently and do not use it that often. Mostly use Firefox. Usually do not mess with the settings for do not understand them.