1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Gmail Messages

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Jan 31, 2020.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Is there a place to increase email messages displayed in inbox beyond the one page? And without deleting all the ones on that page? I have a page of inbox filled and if I delete the last a new one takes its place but I see no option for displaying more messages or for knowing how many are there.. Am I missing this or is it non-existent?

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Look in Settings under General. You have a drop down box what allows you to choose how many emails per page are displayed.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Maybe I am misunderstanding this. I use Google Chrome. The gmail settings messages per page was set to 100 or less. I set it to 20. When I delete the last one on list it deletes and another takes its place. I was expecting to see more messages up to the maximum wthout deleting any. I waas expection a list of messages to appeaar on one page or to be able to show a 2nd, 3rd or however pages it took. Not too have to delete some to show others.

4. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    To navigate thru the pages of emails, click on the < and > buttons near the top right, just left of the settings gear.

Just to the left of those buttons it tells you where you are. Let's say you have 349 emails. You will see something like 1-100 of 349. That indicates you have 349 emails and you're viewing the first 100 emails. Remember you have it set to show 100 emails per page.

If you click on the > button, it'll show you the next 100 emails. The indicator will change to 101-200 of 349. Now you're looking at the second 100 emails. If you click the < button, it'll take you back to the previous 100 emails.

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I was just going to add if I scroll to top it says showing 25 of 83 messages but I have not yet figured out how to see all of them. I will read your suggestions and maybe they will help me figure this out.
    I the attachment below it shows my screen top and the gear in isolation. I see no left and right arrows. Do not know why. The arrow at bottom right of my screen (not shown) opens or closes the side pane. I will keep looking for arrows but right now I do not see them. I set it back to show 100 per page. It is showing 1-25 of 83 but I cannot find how to show the rest so far. By the way, all messages have been read.

OH ! ! STUPID ME ! I just found if I click the "Showing 1-25 of 83" messages it pops up a box that says "Show More Messages". If I click on that it opens the full "showing 83 of 83 messages". AND, THE TWO ARROWS APPEAR ALSO !
    I guess I will have to pay more attention to details of these pages. Thanks for helping direct me. Think I got it now.

I just never did read all these options or learn how to work them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020