1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Free YouTube Download

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Deneb5, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Deneb5

Deneb5

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    A couple of weeks ago I downloaded and installed Free YouTube Download. Whenever I left click on the URL of a YouTube video, I highlight it and then when I right click to Copy the video URL this message appears.

e4311fdff76798fb81adf821fc4671f6.jpg

I opened up notepad where I found the link, As soon as I highlighted it the same message above appeared. I copied the link and pasted it in to the address bar of my browser and then clicked on Paste and Go. Guess what, it brought me back to the same video. I clicked on Download, but It didn't download the video as there is not a trace of it in my download history. As soon as you highlight the address and then copy the same message appears and you end up going around in circles.

Having found what a crap program this is I decided to uninstall it. I located it in the control panel see image 3 and proceeded to uninstall the program. After clicking uninstall this box appeared.

cd8c976f69b12f9c92ab2c680ff81ccf.jpg

I ticked Delete settings and history and then upon clicking Uninstall, I'm taken to my browser and this page.

https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/intera...oader&languageSuffix=en&ProgramVer=4.1.79.605

It says:

Free YouTube Download version 4.1.79.605 has been deleted from your PC.

I return to the control panel, and find the program is still listed, but the icons have changed.

65be4e7eea37c19f65523c6a35847dd9.jpg

To test I return to YouTube where I select a video, when I repeat what I did above I find the program has not been uninstalled.

My next option was to look in my Program Files with a view to uninstall it manually. Here I find a folder DVDVideoSoft with these files.

155d13ce5ec7502d1a73e43b5709516d.jpg
    Files 1 and 3 do nothing, when yo click files 2 and 4 you are taken back to your browser and that message saying the program has been deleted. I returned to Program Files where clicked on the Common Files folder. In there is another DVDVideoSoft folder. When you click on it you find 2 folders bin and lib and 2 files, a WAV file Chimes and a dll file psvince.dll. There is nothing in the bin folder, but there is quite a bit in the lib
    folder.

7ebdb649884672f2cfc82f582500a401.jpg

When you scroll down the list you'll find a file Uninstall, when you click on it you get this box again.

cd8c976f69b12f9c92ab2c680ff81ccf.jpg

The next step is to uninstall the files manually. Press Ctrl+A to select all files and then the delete key. The usual message appears delete yes or no. Shortly after you've clicked yes you see the following

9118bf5217d61a9623cdf60037614c0d.jpg

When you click on Try Again you get the same result, but when you click Skip you find the only folder remaining is vdnotifier.

When I repeated the steps above so I could delete the vdnotifier folder this box appeared.

6f9fcacc21f364e7dcca20cb94f8232c.jpg
    This is as far as I can go. I did another test on YouTube and although I've deleted all the files in image 5, I still get the same result as I got in image 1 when I load up a video. My next option doesn't bear thing about. A complete hard drive format.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) CHF Adviser CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi and welcome to Computer Help Forums.
    Download and install "Lockhunter"
    This small program will remove any difficult files.

https://lockhunter.com/

3. Deneb5

Deneb5

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Thanks for the welcome. I tried it, but it hasn't resolved the issue. I learned somewhere the program is running in the background and when you think it's been deleted it hasn't. I'm giving serious consideration to wiping my hard drive and then reinstalling the OS to get rid of it once and for all. But not tonight I've had enough off to watch a bit TV.

Take care.

4. DSTM (Dougie)

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Lockhunter has always worked for me.
    Reinstalling the OS seems a bit extreme, in my opinion.
    You could try a program called "Everything" and delete every entry of that program on your computer.

https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  5. Deneb5

Deneb5

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Yet again I'm no further forward having tried voidtools. I'm now seriously considering the unthinkable and that is wiping the hard drive and reinstalling the OS. Fortunately I have all my data on an external disc drive including my software files, only the OS is on the internal one.

With this retched program running in the background you can't delete it manually. No matter what I do I find myself going around in circles. I wouldn't recommend this program to anyone.

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

6. DSTM (Dougie)

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    One final question. In #1 it says these files are in Video Notifier,as well. Did you delete all entries of Video Notifier as well?
    And in Program Files?
    I find this confusing as there has never been a program, that I couldn't completely get rid of.

7. Deneb5

Deneb5

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    One final question. In #1 it says these files are in Video Notifier,as well. Did you delete all entries of Video Notifier as well?
    And in Program Files?

Now you've got me confused, this is the image from #1. All I can see is this, I cant see these files are in Video Notifier.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your help Dougie, I've had enough of this program. After I read your message I reinstalled it and went looking for the folder you asked about. The only folder I could find is labeled vidnotifier and can be found this way. Program Files\Common Files\DVDVideoSoft\. The latter folder contains 55 items four of which are folders iconengines, imageformats, platforms and vidnotifier.

In the vidnotifier folder there are 12 items three of which are these folders, iconengines, imageformats and platforms.

As I say, I've had enough of this program all I want is to have it off my system, the only way for me to do this is a complete disc wipe. I'll wait and see if you have any comments before I go ahead.

8. DSTM (Dougie)

Operating System:
    Windows 7
  9. Deneb5

Deneb5

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Having read this, I've made the decision to wipe the disc.

How did DVDVideoSoft get on my Computer?
    The DVDVideoSoft toolbar can infect your computer in several ways. The key sources of DVDVideoSoft are:

Email attachments contacting executable files (.EXE) hidden with fake extensions that appear to be harmless files
    Downloading / installing browser add-ons and extensions
    Web sites already infected with DVDVideoSoft
    Malicious web sites marketing DVDVideoSoft
    Bundled in the install process of other software you install
    External media, such as pen drive, DVD, and memory card already infected with DVDVideoSoft
    Peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs
    Links shared through social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, and others
    Symptoms of DVDVideoSoft Infection
    The primary symptoms of DVDVideoSoft infection are:

10. Deneb5

Deneb5

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Just about up and running, seems to have done the trick I no longer get that message. So we might as well call it solved.

Thanks for your help.

Anthony-Richard